Be Happy At Work ~ from Avera Health
Try these 8 Ways to be happy at work
- Enjoy the little things that happen in your day. The compliment someone gave you on the insight you shared at the staff meeting. The big smile the customer gave you when they picked up their order. Recognize your accomplishments even if they seem small or routine.
- Take notice of the people around you. Co-workers, customers, clients, vendors, and other people you come in contact with each day. Acknowledge what they are contributing and don’t take them for granted. Thank them for buying from you, for their help, and for a job well done.
- Make a “what I have accomplished list”. Too often people make huge to-do lists and then beat themselves up when they don’t get it all done is an unrealistic time frame. Look back at the end of the month, quarter, or year and write down what you accomplished during that period. You did A LOT of good things!
- Respect other people’s time and boundaries. If you are having a bad day, feeling stuck, or even enjoying procrastinating, make sure you don’t use that as an excuse to waste other people’s time or cross their boundaries. Time is the most valuable thing we have.
- Take responsibility for your work, actions, and life. Don’t pass the buck. Don’t make excuses. Take responsibility; acknowledge a mistake, fix it, and learn from it. Don’t beat yourself up about the mistake, or hang onto past mistakes. Resolve them, own them, and move forward.
- Avoid comparison. Whether you are looking down at the people who have not mastered special skills or up at people who may be more experienced or accomplished, constantly comparing yourself keeps the focus on the other person instead of what you can do.
- Treat people with kindness and respect. Everyone you encounter should be valued and treated with courtesy. Acknowledge others’ feelings and perspectives on life. They may differ from yours, but they are also valid.
- Attitude is everything. It is the lens that you look through to experience your reality. Take a look at your attitude. Are you negative? Do you color everything with fear or need? How will your life change if you change your attitude?
Live Better. Live Balanced.